1) Your car always has remnants of weddings in it such as linens, rental items, and your wedding day emergency kit.
2) When you go into a craft store or home decor store, your mind races with all the ways you could use their goods for a future photo shoot.
3) Your closet has multiple pairs of “comfortable” shoes that you only wear for weddings.
4) Wedding season defines your schedule for the year. If it is wedding season, everything else gets put on hold.
5) Your basement or office always has an inventory of candles, table numbers, and leftover vases.
6) You juggle multiple social media accounts with ease including personal and business accounts for Instagram and Pinterest.
7) You can name most types of flowers with a quick glance.
8) You know every possible stain removal technique and product on the market. And they are all in your wedding day emergency kit.
9) At least half of your Facebook friends are other wedding industry professionals.
10) You have experienced the post-wedding-day hangover that only a wedding planner understands.
11) You cried tears of joy when your favorite client walked down the aisle because you became good friends during the planning process.
12) You cried tears of joy when your least favorite client walked down the aisle because the end of your contract commitment to her was only hours away.
13) You can multitask better than anyone. On the wedding day, you can fix the bride’s veil while discussing the timeline with the photographer, giving directions to your assistant, and telling the rental company where to put the china. You manage to do all of this while smiling, keeping your cool, and not missing a beat.
14) You have learned more about marketing than you ever thought possible. Since we don’t get much repeat business as wedding planners, we are constantly thinking about marketing.
15) You have done unimaginable things to ensure your client’s wedding day goes smoothly. Plunging toilets, drying off ceremony chairs after a rainstorm, filling up generators, holding umbrellas for the guests, fetching water for the photographers, crawling under the stage to find the power for the gobo light, running interference with drunk guests, holding the bride’s dress while she goes to the bathroom. It is impossible to list all of the insane things we do for our clients without questioning our own sanity.
16) You can alphabetize faster than anyone you know. Those escort cards are the bain of your existence at times.
17) You know how to do every kind of bustle known to man. And you still hate them.
18) You have become a food and cake snob. After endless food and cake tastings, your palette has evolved and you can no longer stomach grocery store cake or your local chain restaurant.
19) You get paid to play on Pinterest.
20) Your everyday vocabulary includes words like aubergine, taffeta, dupioni, chevron, platinum, copper, blush, brocade, chiffon, grosgrain, MOB, FOB, MOG, and FOG.
Does this list ring true for you? If so, please share it and feel free to add to this list in the comments!
Are you a professional wedding planner?
The Wedding Planner’s Toolbox is a complete set of business templates and tools for professional wedding planners. As a wedding planner, you have one chance and a huge responsibility to plan and coordinate the perfect wedding day for your clients. The Wedding Planner’s Toolbox gives you the tools needed to get things done correctly.
Timeline templates, consultation forms, questions to ask vendors, planning checklist, and much more!