The key to event design success is being able to understand and translate your client’s style, ideas and vision into something incredible that exceeds their expectations and imagination. Designing weddings and events starts with getting to know your clients. Having a solid grasp of who they are, what they like, what is important and where they shop is the foundation you will use to build the design ideas and style for the event.
Here are twelve questions to ask wedding clients before you start their event design:
1. “What are five words you would use to describe your wedding day?”
2. “What are your favorite colors?”
3. “What are your least favorite colors?”
4. “Where do you shop for clothes?”
5. “Where do you shop for home decor?”
6. “What are your hobbies and interests?”
7. “What are your top three priorities for the wedding?”
8. “What are your favorite flowers”
9. “What are your least favorite flowers?”
10. “How important are flowers and decor?”
11. “What are your favorite restaurants and types of food?”
12. “What type of music do you listen to?”
Knowing both the bride and the groom’s answers to these questions will give you the foundation to start your event design process. As you talk through these questions and answers with your brides and grooms, you will gain valuable insight into what they really want. Your next step may be to create inspiration boards, choose the color palette, create a design file or write style descriptions.
What other design related questions do you ask your wedding clients? Please share in the comments.