As wedding and event planners, we have a stressful career and sometimes the stress and struggle can make us feel like giving up. I have been there and I think most wedding planners have at some point in their career. One of the ways that helps me bounce back when I am struggling is to write down why I started my event planning business. I have an ongoing list that started with just a few reasons but now has more than 30 reasons on it. I review the list when I need encouragement and inspiration. I also add to it when I am feeling good and strong about my business.
When you are ready to take a 10 minute break today, start creating the list of reasons why you started your event planning business (or your career in event planning). Write down at least five reasons but don’t limit yourself. If you can list 20, write ’em all down.
Next time you are having an off day (or an off week), take out the list. It always helps me get over the rough spots and move forward in a positive way.
Here are a few of the reasons I have on my list for why I started my wedding and event planning business:
- To do something that I love which includes using my creativity
- To run my own successful business on my own terms
- To have a career that gives me flexibility with my schedule
- To work in an industry that is positive with many other entrepreneurs
- To create my own work environment that I can change whenever I need it to
- To have a career where every day is different
Why did you start a career in wedding and event planning? Please share with us in the comments!