The Association of Bridal Consultants (“ABC”) is the largest group of wedding planners in the world. ABC has more than 4,000 members currently located in all 50 states and 31 countries.
What we do is simple. We train wedding planners and then provide on-going career support. We have been doing so for more than 60 years.
As an example of our on-going career support, we have ABC State and Country Managers who arrange regular educational speakers and member networking meetings. We also have the ABC full-time call center, where the ABC headquarters team is happy to provide details of our hotel and honeymoon partnership programs which generate extra income for our members.
The core training program at ABC is the Professional Wedding Planner Program (PWP). The PWP program leads to earning the ABC Certified Wedding Planner designation. It is a self-paced, home study program that helps you build your wedding planning business.
In addition, our ABC Director of Education provides additional platforms to build your knowledge, including seminars, webinars, and additional educational outlets. Then, every November we turn our focus to the ABC Annual Conference where ABC members can attend our biggest education and networking event of the year.
Here are a few membership benefits to consider:
- Educational Training – ABC offers the most comprehensive, current, and updated training in the industry which includes the Professional Wedding Planner program.
- Credibility – Being a member of an association gives you credibility with couples and peers.
- Career Support from Experts – Attend ABC networking meetings, seminars, and conferences to connect with other professionals you can learn from.
- Wedding Certification Designations – Track your growth in the industry and set goals by using ABC’s Levels of Achievement system.
- Registered Wedding Planner/Wedding Vendor
- Certified Wedding Planner/Wedding Vendor
- Professional Wedding Planner/Wedding Vendor
- Accredited Wedding Planner/Wedding Vendor
- Master Wedding Planner/Wedding Vendor
- On-Going Education – Stay ahead in the industry with our educational and networking platforms.
- Building Industry Relationships – Access the list of ABC Vendor and Wedding Planner professionals.
- Liability Insurance Programs – ABC assists with connecting members with qualified ABC insurance programs.
- Honeymoon Programs – Access our ABC honeymoon and resort partnerships which can add to your bottom line.
- ABC Hotel Division – As an ABC member, you can offer great hotel group rates using ABC’s Hotel Division IATA #.
- Referrals – Members are eligible for ABC referrals based on your zip code location.
- Wedding Planner Magazine – Stay up to date with the latest trends and design ideas, supplier specials, and growth strategies. Enjoy a complimentary subscription to this bi-monthly industry publication as an ABC member.
- Full-Time Call Center – Members can access our ABC call center at 203-775-0009 from 9 – 5 EST, Monday – Friday.
- Join ABC Today – Go to abcweddingplanners.com and under Membership, click on Become A Member.
- If you are looking to become a wedding planner (or are an event planner wishing to do more weddings) join ABC for increased credibility and explore our ongoing education and the ABC Professional Wedding Planner Program™.
- If you are a vendor (such as a musician, caterer, photographer, videographer, rehearsal dinner venue, etc.) join ABC as a vendor member to connect with our wedding coordinator members.
How can you earn your ABC Certified Wedding Planner Credentials?
- INVESTMENT: If you are not yet a member of ABC, you can order the course and first-year of membership for $770. Enter the promo code “PlannersLounge” in the comments section on the check-out page, and ABC will waive the application fee for a $35 savings.
If you are already an ABC member, order the full program at once to capture the 20% savings for a total of $550.
- The ABC Professional Wedding Planner program is the most comprehensive training in the wedding industry, and the fastest way to earn your credentials.
- Section 1 – A Planner’s Toolbox
- Section 2 – Etiquette for Wedding Professionals
- Section 3 – Wedding Business Basics
- Section 4 – Wedding Etiquette
- Section 5 – Planning and Consulting
- Section 6 – Wedding Services
- Section 7 – Rehearsal to Reception
Once you pass all seven sections, the final exam, and the wedding projects, you will earn your certificate of completion and your title of ABC Certified Wedding Planner. Completion earns 25 points in Education towards ABC Certified Wedding Planner/Certified Wedding Vendor status and future advancement.
How to order: Go to www.abcweddingplanners.com and under Education, click on Become an ABC Certified Wedding Planner then scroll down and click on REGISTER NOW. Or call the ABC main office at 203-775-0009 and we’ll be happy to help you.
These are just a few of the reasons to join ABC. Whether you are just beginning or a seasoned professional, ABC has tools to benefit wedding planners on all levels. You can learn a lot at ABC and we invite you to become a member. To be successful, you have to keep learning. We look forward to helping you do so.
ABC is the Standard for Wedding Excellence
David M. Wood III, President
Association of Bridal Consultants, ABC Wedding Planners
B. A. Dartmouth, Mathematics
Jacqueline Vazquez, Director of Outreach
Association of Bridal Consultants, ABC Wedding Planners
Master Wedding Planner
*This is a sponsored post from the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC)