Wedding Planning 101

What Do You Include in Wedding Day Management Services?

1. Kathleen Kepler

July 19th, 2016 at 6:09 am

This is a great post and wish I would have read it before I started my business several years ago. I wasn’t sure about what I had to do or what I didn’t have to do as a “Wedding Coordinator.” Now, after making mistakes when I first started out, I put in my contract what is included and what is not included just to make sure we are all on the same page. If my bride wants me to put linens on the tables, there is a fee for that so that I can hire the appropriate amount of assistants to help in this task. If my bride wants the room cleaned after the wedding, I hire a cleaning crew to come in after the event and charge the client accordingly. I learned the hard way!

2. Planner's Lounge - Debbie

July 19th, 2016 at 9:36 am

We live and learn, right Kathy? Thanks for sharing your experience. I had a similar experience when starting out as well.

3. leslie@leslieherringevents.com

July 20th, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I’m similar to Kathleen! I totally learned the hard way and now have it clearly written in my contract what I do and don’t do, even down to putting grandma’s pearls around a bouquet!

4. Planner's Lounge - Debbie

July 22nd, 2016 at 8:50 am

Very smart Leslie! Thanks for commenting!

5. Advice for New Event Planners: Start Small

June 6th, 2017 at 7:54 am

[…] you are new to planning, start by offering limited services such as wedding management (often called month-of or day-of coordination services). With your wedding management clients, you […]

6. Wedding Day Coordination Tips and Advice for Wedding Planners

January 30th, 2018 at 5:37 pm

[…] offering full-service planning. Today is the final part of our series offering successful tips for wedding day coordination services.   You can find part one here:  Before the Wedding Day and part two here: On the Wedding […]