Marketing and Branding

Referring Other Event Planners

1. Jessica McTaggart

April 3rd, 2013 at 9:20 am

LOVE this Debbie! I’ve both received and given referrals to other planners and it is such an awesome all around experience. In most cases it was the start of a great friendship within the industry.

2. Debbie

April 3rd, 2013 at 2:21 pm

That is a great point Jessica. Forming friendships with other planners helps in so many ways including referrals.

3. Kelli Crannell

April 3rd, 2013 at 9:26 am

Debbie,

I always refer other planners when I am booked or they are looking for more full service planning, since I only do Month of Orchestration! I have a template email that includes website, phone number and email of those planers who I feel confident referring. It feels awesome to give the help to both the client and the other planners and feels just as good when it comes back the other direction. We are friends first (hopefully) and friendly competitors second.

As always Debbie – Thanks!

4. Debbie

April 3rd, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I love the idea of having a ready-made template with your planner referrals. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Kelli!

5. Kelly Jamesonn

June 1st, 2014 at 10:23 am

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for all that you do for fellow wedding industry professionals! I am in the beginning stages of starting my wedding planning business, and your site and advice has helped me come a long way. I have one question though…what is the best way to make initial contact with other planners to build relationships? For some reason, I have this idea that they won’t want to give me their time because I’m new to the group or they might see me as competition. I’d like to know the best way to word my initial contact so they know that I am just a friendly fellow planner!
    Thank you!
    <3 Kelly

6. Planner's Lounge - Debbie

June 4th, 2014 at 8:50 am

Kelly, sometimes it does take time before other planners will take you seriously but it doesn’t hurt to reach out. Start attending local networking groups where you can meet other planners. That is a great way to start building relationships. These are my thoughts on competition: https://plannerslounge.com/the-competition. Thank you for commenting!

7. Building Relationships with Other Event Planners

June 22nd, 2015 at 5:47 am

[…] another post on Planners Lounge about referring other event planners that is helpful. Check it out for more great […]

8. The Competition

October 24th, 2018 at 7:26 pm

[…] planners can be your biggest source of support and referrals when you realize there truly is enough business to go […]